- Using Mandarin during morning circle, transitions, and meal times
- Learning numbers and math concepts in both English and Mandarin and focus on problem solving and reasoning
- Learning Chinese character writing
- In KG1, we build our phonological awareness and learn the concept of print. In KG2, we participate in readers and writers workshops and practice our writing and reading skills
- Through cultural immersion, we celebrate and appreciate Chinese culture through reading stories, songs and dance, and arts and crafts activities
Studies show there are many benefits of bilingual education. Fluency in multiple languages equips students with the skills and cultural literacy to navigate and lead within a global community. And with Singaporeâ€™s geographic location, students are uniquely placed to take advantage of a bilingual life.
The rising popularity of Mandarin both socially and in business led Stamford American to develop a unique one-bilingual-teacher approach for our Bilingual Program, which any student from Pre-K to Grade 5 can join at no extra cost.
The program gives learners equal exposure to English and Mandarin in the subjects and concepts taught within their grade. Classes are taught by bilingual teachers who are proficient in both languages, and with extensive experience in teaching in a bilingual environment.